1. Welcome !

Hello !

Welcome to my new blog: From Numb To Joy.


I am looking forward to sharing with you aspects of my life’s journey finding JOY whilst living with mental illness.


Joy, to me, is being excited about life; it's feeling love for and valuing myself, as well as my family and friends; it is soul satisfaction !  


But, I haven't always felt much joy in life.  


Since 2002, I have struggled with the effects of mental illness, including clinical depression, consequential feelings of inadequacy and a general feeling of numbness.  


However, over the past two years I have experienced a subtle "mind-shift" : resulting in a change for the better in how I feel and think about myself and consequently opening me up to feeling more joy.  I believe this transformation has come - in part - from my regular practice of heart-centered meditation and the consequent self-love and heart-felt inspiration that I have gained.


I believe how I think and feel about myself has a direct impact on my spiritual and emotional quality of life and can affect how I experience JOY dramatically ! 


I hope my blog From Numb To Joy  will bring some hope into your life, especially when you are living with depression.


I aim to add a new post each week to my blog at fromnumbtojoy.blogspot.com so if you enjoy reading my posts you can keep coming back for more.


Sending you hope and love,


Catherine 


Comments