5. Self-Worth & Achieving Goals
Self-Worth & Achieving Goals
I have good days and bad days, sunshine and sad days, awful depression one day or one week or for several weeks, and then illuminating sunshine of the heart and mind which put me on track living gladly again.
This past week I hit a real LOW point when I felt my self-esteem was at its lowest in a couple years. I stopped to try and figure out why, when I had been working on meditation. And I figured out why. I was wasting part of my day in bed, waking up at midday and wondering why I gradually felt worse and worse, when it was due to not achieving anything in my life of worth to me. Missing half the day and then playing catch-up for the rest of the day.
I put my mind to looking at my thorough lack of self-esteem and I asked God, my Father in Heaven, (my “Higher Power”) for help.
When I was washing dishes later on, a song came to my mind which I had not listened to or sung for about 31 years… ‘I Am Of Worth’. It’s a song by Janice Kapp Perry which speaks of our worth … the chorus goes:
‘For I am of worth, of Infinite worth,
My Savior Redeemer loves me.’
I found the song on YouTube and started playing it and later writing down the words in my journal.
This song has never really touched me before until it came into my mind this Sunday afternoon.
It gave me courage as I remembered my Savior sees my worth as greater than rubies, gold or diamonds. My worth, and yours, is INFINITE! How about that! That, my friends, is a good starting place to be!
I still recognized my self-worth needed building, but I was elevated by the belief that I was “Somebody” in Jesus’ eyes, Somebody with unlimited potential and infinite worth, and ought'nt I to think more highly of my Self if the creator of this earth, Jesus Christ Himself, thinks so highly of me!
That got me on a roll and I started to think of all the things I had wanted to achieve but wasn’t currently working on because “life just gets in the way”... My Goals.
I carved out of my heart’s desires 8 worthwhile and reachable-goals-with-much-effort that I would dearly love to achieve. I wrote them down on white index cards. The goals fit perfectly into the 4 areas of focus that Jesus Christ grew in :- physical, spiritual, intellectual and social (see Luke 2:52 in the Holy Bible). I was on a roll !
I knew I needed to stop staying in bed or going back to bed in the mornings. I would never achieve any of my goals if I did. So I did stop.
And now, only 4 days later, I am on a roll, I am on a mission of heart fulfillment, I am alive and kicking and beautifully being again. Hooray for me! And hooray for you who can write down even 1 goal you really want to achieve and make small daily steps to achieving it !

Me lately- thank you! On an upswing finally, but hate feeling like I fall into the same rut over and over! Oh well, as many times as I fall he will pick me up and I am grateful for that! That is what keeps me going!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing too!
Delete