10. The Power of Positive Affirmations

Do you ever find yourself in a "thinking rut", thinking only negative thoughts about yourself, your body or your life? I know I do. But I know that if I say out-loud to myself a positive affirmation, which I have written on an index card and stuck on the wall by my computer, it can change the pathway of my thoughts and cause me to feel better about myself and my life. It works for me because I use a positive affirmation that I truly believe !
Recently, I was asked by a therapist to write down my own positive affirmation, and to repeat it out-loud first thing each morning and last thing at night. I often forget to do it, but when I repeat it out-loud during my day it replaces any negative thoughts ruminating in my mind, and creates a new pathway for my thoughts to go - one that is lighter and brighter and filled with hope.
My own positive affirmation is:-
"I am a beautiful daughter of Heavenly Parents with unlimited potential, and I love to smile and laugh."
What's yours ?
I just got caught up on your blog Cathy. Thanks so much for sharing your journey! Every day as part of our family scripture study in the morning, we say:
ReplyDeleteHeavenly Father loves me.
I am good.
I can improve.
I can do good works.
We are an eternal family.
That's great Jen! I love that your whole family says it every morning together! What a strengthening and bonding sound you must all make! What a lovely (and true) message your children hear from their own lips. Great idea!
Delete:)
ReplyDelete