15. Back On Track!

After side-stepping my blog for some time (three solid months, to be exact,) I am now feeling in a super-charged mindset to share my journey over the past while.  To be concise, I got off-track with my practice of daily meditation and getting up early in the morning which did negatively impact my mental health and I was struggling a little.  However, as I have reintroduced my daily practice of getting up at 6am and finding time to practice meditation, my mental health has improved dramatically.  Also, me and my hubby have started going to the gym!  We are blessed to have a good one nearby, with a pool, and separate saunas for men and women, and I am really enjoying myself with a mixture of cardio, weights, swimming and sauna.  I am starting to lose a bit of weight, which wasn’t budging with a change of diet alone, but much more importantly I am feeling really good!



                                                This contains an image of: {{ pinTitle }}



I know going to the gym is not for everyone, and I must admit I was skeptical as to whether I would like it, especially at 55.  But coming in for a few times on a guest pass I was able to sample the gym and its “vibe”, which it turns out is just what I like.  I am happy to report that I have never enjoyed exercise so much!  Before the gym, I just walked outside or sometimes used our flimsy rowing machine at home, but there is something electric and really fun about exercising alongside my fellow human beings that provides impetus to get moving.


Whether you have the opportunity or even the desire to go to the gym, I would suggest doing some kind of exercise to improve mental health and boost those feel-good hormones.  Just make sure it is something you enjoy.  Move that beautiful body of yours in whatever way suits you!

 

Comments

  1. I love this! This year I have been climbing the stairs in our home. I feel such satisfaction when my timer goes off and I've finished each day. Previously, exercise inhibited my weight loss as it always made me more hungry. This time around I think of it as strengthening my heart, muscles, joints, and supplying my brain with more oxygen, instead of weight loss. I wish I could join you at the gym, but I'm glad we've both found something that works for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen, great to receive your comments, as usual! I agree that focusing on body health is much kinder to ourselves than focusing on weight-loss. Our bodies get to decide how much weight we lose (if any) but we get to choose how we will look after our bodies and how healthy we are. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment