16. Doing What I Love !

 




I just have to share that since I have been going to the gym - with a pool - I am changing for the better, physically, but more importantly mentally!  My mental health is improving.  “Why?” you may ask... Because I’m doing what I love.  I have found that the old love I had for swimming practically 30 years ago, is my new love.  I feel good whilst I am moving my body in the water and disciplining myself to do those 40 lengths, 4-5 times a week.  I can feel my body toning up and as I am getting in shape I am achieving an important goal of mine.  And so I feel really good about myself.  I am also eating much more healthily (mostly plant-based), and avoiding the old ways of “emotional eating”.  My mind is sharper and I am really enjoying my life right now.  I don’t know what I’d do if the pool/gym closed (due to Covid) but for now life is really good!!  


I’m also getting up at 6am each morning and eating a healthy breakfast and making time for guided meditation with Sarah Blondin.  These daily practices make such a difference for my mental health.  They are so important for me; as is daily listening to music I love, eating healthily and serving family and others.


So how do you prioritize your mental health?


Comments